The Higher Education Commission has run two programs Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2023. Around 500,000 laptops have been successfully distributed across public sector universities and technical institutions, including Federal and FATA colleges, through a transparent online system as part of PMNLS scheme II, which was implemented by the Higher Education Commission. Information was made available for public viewing on the HEC website in order to maintain transparency.
It is well known that a nation’s knowledge base determines its economic progress. Pakistan is exceptional in that about 63% of its population is under 30. If not properly addressed, Pakistan’s youth bulge will have a significant negative influence on the nation. This will depend on how Pakistan invests in its youth by giving them access to meaningful engagement opportunities, employment, and quality education.
The government has begun particular programs to unlock the potential of young people, lower unemployment by offering the necessary skills, and promote an entrepreneurial culture after realizing the significance of this reality.
Description of Phase-III
Laptops would be given to gifted pupils, according to an announcement made by Pakistan’s Honorable Prime Minister. The project seeks to provide young and outstanding students studying in public sector higher education institutions (HEIs) across the nation and in Azad Jammu & Kashmir with chances in the form of laptops. As part of the Prime Minister Youth Laptop Scheme (PMYLS) Phase-III, the program has received approval from ECNEC. The Higher Education Commission has successfully carried out two similar projects in the past.
Objectives For Prime Minister Laptop Scheme
- Bringing about an improvement in the standard of ICT and science education.
- Forming partnerships between businesses and the organizations that supply their education and training.
- Enabling smart campuses allows for immediate communication and a better learning environment.
- Boost manufacturing sector productivity and value addition.
- By supplying cutting-edge IT technologies, increase production and efficiency.
Contours aligned with the Vision
- One of the factors influencing future progress is computers.
- Assisting in the completion of every school’s, college’s, and university’s digitization.
- Contributing to the central idea of the Smart Campus Systems, namely gadgets.
- Aiding in the full utilization of IT’s benefits for the educational sector.
- The University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Muzaffarabad
- Mirpur University of Science and Technology (MUST), Mirpur
- The University of Poonch, Rawalakot, AJK
- The Women’s University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Bagh
- University of Kohli, AJK
- University of Engg & Technology, Khuzdar
- University of Information Technology, Engineering & Management Sciences,
- University of Balochis tan, Quetta
- Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University, Quetta
- Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Uthal, District Lasbela
- University of Turbat, Turbat
- University of Loralai, Loralai
- Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences, Quetta
- Mir Chakar Khan Rind University, Sibi
- University of Gwadar
- Federal Bahria University, Islamabad
- Federal International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Federal National University of Modern Languages, (NUML) Islamabad
- Federal Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- Federal COMSATS University, Islamabad
- Federal National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Islamabad
- Federal Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad
- Federal Air University, Islamabad
- Federal Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
- Federal National Defence University, Islamabad
- Federal Pakistan Institute of Development of Economics (PIDE), Islamabad
- Federal Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, (SZABMU), Islamabad
- National University of Medical Sciences, Islamabad
- National University of Technology (NUTECH), Islamabad
- National Skills University, Islamabad
- Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology, Karachi
- Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore
- Health Services Academy (HSA) Islamabad
- Karakurum International University, Gilgit-Baltistan
- University of Baltistan, Skardu
- Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women’s University, Peshawar
- Gomal University, D.I. Khan
- Hazara University, Mansehra
- Institute of Management Sciences, (IM Sciences), Peshawar
- Ph.D. 5 Years 30-July-18 30-july-23
- MS/ MPhil or Equivalent 2 Years 30-july-21 30-july-23
- MBA 3.5 Years 31-Dec-19 30-julyJuly-23
- MBA 1.5 Years 31-Dec-21 30-July-23
- Masters (16 years) 2 Years 30-Jun-21 30-July-23
- Undergraduate 5 Years 30-Jun-18 30-July-23
- Undergraduate 4 Years 30-Jun-19 30-July-23
- Once the student has submitted an online application through the HEC online portal (before the deadline). The system can then screen students who are eligible and ineligible in accordance with that.
- The relevant department’s focal person will use their online focal person account to confirm the student’s information, including Name, CNIC, Department, Degree Level, Last Exam Percentage/CGPA, etc.
- The University Focal Person is the only one in charge of the verification.
- Depending on the application, the focal person may reject the student, confirm them, or correct them within the allotted period.
- Laptops will be distributed to students in each degree program, including Ph.D., MS/M. Phil., and 16 years of education, completely on the basis of merit.
- The distribution of laptops will be based on the number of students enrolled in each degree program at the institution (i.e., institution Quota, Campus Quota, Degree Program Quota, Department Quota, and Years wise distribution).
- Balochistan HEIs’ quota has been set at 14% (14,000 Laptops), in accordance with instructions from the PM’s office. Note: Under this allotted quota, students from authorized universities in Balochistan will be accommodated.
- The remaining 86,000 will be distributed among the public sector in accordance with their preferences for enrollment.
HOW TO APPLY?
Students are advised to apply online by creating an account or updating their profile at the Students’ Service Portal link below. Students can apply through a mobile app or an online portal. Official Website